Goal v. Objectives
- Goals are more broad. Overarching.
- Objectives are specific and measurable.
Goal: To understand how the design decisions journalists make, while creating data visualizations, affect individuals’ use and comprehension of the data.Objectives:
- We will identify the design decisions journalists struggle with while making data visualizations using in-depth interviews.
- We will investigate the relationship between journalists’ intention in creating data visualizations and users’ understanding of data visualizations using usability testing.
- We will conduct controlled experiments to understand the unique (and interactive) effects of design-related variables on individuals’ use and comprehension of data visualizations.